Saturday 14 August 2010

My Ramadan Table



After the meal fruit( grapes are from my garden )



Ramadan 2nd day




Table setting before (one of my daughters got me this )






The above are some of the spices that I use in my versatile,multicultural recipes .
This is the link for usage of the common spices.

I would like to share with you,my table for the 30 days of Ramadan...


Simplicity is the name of the game!I try to organise myself so that nothing goes to waste. When food isn't eaten I simply use my magic wand and re-create another dish with it the following day-making it even taste better !
My first day of the holy month of Ramadan I made rishtet keskas in abundance to give away to friends and family...

Ramadan Day 1:
Libyan Sharba(lamb)
Rishtet Keskas,
Green Salad(Lettuce)
Arabic Salad ,
Burick (with Keemma-ground meat)
Foul Imdemes
Baba Ghanouj

*Had a problem with my camera -so sorry no pics of the 1st day !
and I will not use copyright restriction or my name on my pics you may use them as needed

Ramadan Day 2 :
Libyan Sharba (lamb)
Burick (Keema)
Green Salad
Arabic Salad
Baba Ghanouj
Foul Imdemes
Rice Pilaf
Chicken Breasts (a la king )
Fruit
Turkish Coffee (from Anglo's Mum Bless her )
Backlawa(homemade- we make it the night of Ramadan ,lasts all month)

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could come to your house for dinner! Thanks for sharing! And great web site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn’t viewed your post before Iftar time lol , it looks yummy and Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen-
    You're more than welcome anytime and I mean it .Thank you for the compliment dear!Blessings

    Weldemdina-
    Thanks for the compliment.The flowers are from my garden caled locally "Iraqi Yasmine".The greenery with the flowers is salvia(latin) we call it Tofa7 Derna locally.Blessings.

    Thank you for stopping by .

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!The flowers are plumeria, commonly called frangipani. The greenery is an herb called salvia officianous - common sage.

    Lots of yummy food on your table. Masha'allah! You must be spending hours in the kitchen.

    Happy Ramadan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Khadija -
    Happy Ramadan to you too!
    You're also more than welcome dear to drop by.Always have food ready at hand in case last minute guests arrive I organise myself well Alhamdulilah especially since I dont work pm .I just love to cook and enjoy sharing! Thanks for info of the flowers and greenery.
    Does the music I installed work?Sometimes it comes on other times not .....Blessings

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  6. its 9:18 am, I just looked at the pictures, yummmmmmmmm my kind of food (except fool which I dont like).

    everything is so pretty just as I expected :o)

    I like the music, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Khadijateri-
    Thanks for checking for me.

    Anglo-
    Glad you liked the pics and music.Thank you for the compliment.

    Salam

    ReplyDelete