Tuesday 3 August 2010

Itching , scratching allergy?? ,duh ???




I have developed an itch on my limbs and have been scratching on and off at times till I can no longer and I bruise myself and think my gorgeous arms will o longer be a pice to look at . Realizing that I stop only to commence as the itch starts to get to me again.

This has been going on for several weeks now.. Some told me it’s a “3ein “( devil’s/bad eye )due to marrying of three daughters in less than two years . It sounds as if it’s a mission accomplished and Im now labeled a successful lady !Anyways to get back to my itch which is a weird thing to share ,but I want to in case somebody is suffering from the same symptoms ..

The first question asked from relatives and friends is : “have you seen the doctors??”to which my reply is;”seen them?I practically live with them”! . I’ve been to numerous doctors on the advice of the newest in town who as is said here in Tripoli: “just came back from Germany , England, USA etc.this means the fresher and newer ones (doctors) are the best unlike our experienced docs who just continue to do things as they did when first they graduated doing what little they can due to having lost credibility in the Medical System.

At first my so called rash was diagnosed as being a virus ! hmm from where I’d ask ( I think all doctors in the Tripoli area will soon black list me if not done so already for the too many questions I ask. It is my right to ask and for them to answer, I will not stop asking . I love to be informed ,so before my visits I do my research to have my questions ready and shoot .

Until now I have used antibiotics, creams, gels, disinfecting germ killing body shampoos which made feel sicker still as I felt like a moving hospital. The scent and taste of the medication was also coming up to my throat and a burning sensation leaving me feeling as if Id eating a lot of greasy fried food.Take Alka Seltzer ( West ) or the similar local version ENO.Could I stop the medication ?

No, doctors orders were to complete the course! Humbug ! Ahh I forgot to mention with the medication loosing its effect the irritation and need for scratching would start over and wherever Id be questioned asking what my problem was while they too scratched obviously what goes around comes around as they say hehehehehehe!
Gosh I must be contagious ! packing up my suitcase and headed to Tunis for yet another diagnosis – will be back soon if not pass this on hehehehehe

I am blessed to have such a great sense of humour which inherited from my deceased father.Wonder when I’ll join him? hmmm

2 comments:

  1. My dear rose I hope you getting better by now. I remember once I had similar rash /itchiness and I couldn’t pin point the cause of it an no antibiotic..etc cure it, however after a week or so I discovered that something that I ate that caused this which I was allergic to, it turned out to be a type of chilli which I couldn’t remember what it looks like now, that meant I might get it any time I bite one lol,, so this is my experience with itchiness. Usually allergies are difficult to cure, but only by eliminating the source, again I hope you are much better today :o) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. my son Amir suffered from accute echzema all his life, not much doctors could do for him, he is getting better as he gets older Alhamdulellah.
    wishing a quick solution for this annouying conditions.

    actually ever since i came to Tripoli my arms have been itching like mad! glad you found the funny side as you always do :o)

    ReplyDelete