Friday 20 August 2010

My Ramadan Table-Day 9 and 10

Im so sorry for not posting yesterday which was mostly due to power failure(force major)-sigh. As the 1st September ceremony approaches this will tend to happen quite frequently in our area....

Our city becomes one of lights a kind of Las Vegas style of attractions with a Xmas twist hence we have to pay the consequences for the continuous power failure which is the norm...Anyway enough rants lets get down to my menu for day 9 !


Menu:Day 9

 Lentil Soup( Middle East)

Rice Pilaf

Yahni Biselia with lamb(Turkish)(Green pea casserole)

Humus ( Middle East )

Arabic salad

Cheese Buricks

Greeen Salad

Tabahaj (Libyan -Tripolitanian)fried veggies then fresh hot(green peppers)tomato sauce is then simmered in..

The sweets below are from family members who visited me on Thursday night .
My diblah is obvious,my teenager made creme caramel cake(top left)date filled sweets  and a chocolate ice cream cake was brought by relatives....







Yesterday I had to take Mama shopping and that alone is a struggle as its a hard for her to move with ease ...so I got home late and as I was rushing in found my son and teenager in control of the menu .though they did use my leftovers from the previous day ,still I was pleased,and thanked God/Allah I had taught them to cook !
Menu Day 10:
Lentil Soup- from previous day  ( Libyan Sharba got burnt )

 Kufta ( a bit dark nearly burnt nevertheless tasty)

Arabic Salad

Pizza (Italian)

 Small panini  from same pizzza dough (filled with tunafish and harissa and capers)

Tabajaj (Libyan) from day before

 Spinach and cheese buricks(Turkish )

Yahni Biselia(also from previous day ) 

Sahten !

All in all its the thought and the gathering during Ramadan that counts and not what is consumed....



 Salam

2 comments:

  1. I did miss the delicious menu yesterday :o)

    well done to your son, if it was me I would have really struggled, I cant cook lol

    about the power failure, how can people cope with it! especially in that heat and fasting, too much walahi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment Anglo ..

    My teenager was the chef in charge and she'd call on to her brother to do the dishes and fry whatever needed frying lol....

    ReplyDelete