Wednesday 18 August 2010

My Ramadan Table -Day 7




Diblah( from left) Ashesha,( these both made for the mosque)
home made backlawa,(made night of Ramadan)Tunisain backlawa (fresh from Tunis)at back and Caak Imasel ,Date horns( made by daughters)



Nothing interesting on my table today-sorry -most are leftovers-yes we consume them even in Ramadan for I believe food should never go to waste. I had to make sweets for the mosque as we take turns in our neighborhood...

Menu :

Libyan Sharba( leftover)

Burick with egg, tunafish and capers(Tunisian)

Arabic Salad

Homs tahina dip ( Middle East)

Rice Pilaf

Yahni Bamia( Turkish)(Okra casserole)(leftover)

Yahni Fasulia(Turkish)( bean casserole with lamb)(leftover)

Sahten !

And NOW you need either Alkaselzer or what we use in Libya ENO with different flavours to look at this pic and hope it doesnt hurt your digestive system!

I left this pic to last as we can well note that most of the trash is unconsumed food-sigh .People die of starvation in this world while we just trow it away. I took this photo ,which is on the beach road in Hai Alandulus -supposedly a posh suburb of Tripoli-sigh !





3 comments:

  1. at least the disgusting picture put me off food for now!
    how awful but no surprise there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anglo-
    Thats why I left it to last!Sorry about that...But I had to post it -sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salams Luna
    Ramadan Kareem. I certainly love your variety. I'll be using some of your ideas for Iftar.
    I would like your plate of Libyan Sweeties.
    Yasmina.

    ReplyDelete