Sunday 26 April 2009

to my first born daughter....


The time has passed so quickly by
where have the years flown to-
since I heard your very first cry,
and also was the first to hold you.

As I look back on childhood days,
and then to teenage years-
I remember sharing in many ways,
your thoughts, ambitions, joys and tears.

But now it is time to let you go,
soon now you will be a bride-
and this time when you leave I know,
you’ll have a husband at your side.

and so on this your day of days,
I wish you joy and happiness-
and pray Allah/God be with you always,
and your marriage forever bless.

Mama

5 comments:

  1. beautiful and moving, I am sure she will be happy to read this :o)

    may Allah bless her marriege with happiness and good health.

    all the best to all of you at this happy occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to this song, I remembered your daughter's wedding.

    Doris Day - Que Sera Sera

    youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is how i will feel one day when i will let my boys go, you shared almost every moment with them when they were children, and you shared a lot with them when they were teenagers and older and then you have to let go. You will still be a part of their life but not the biggest one anymore. I think it is hard and i am happy that i still have the years of sharing in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama Luna) Congratulations to your daughter
    I wish her the marriage of Mubarak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Luna! This is one of the best news and every mother waits for the day when her daughter marries.

    ReplyDelete