Thursday 23 April 2009

Aerobics a la Libeeya !





Aerobic clubs are booming here in Tripoli. In the past many young men would join nowadays many women young and old do aerobics. We are so delighted to have all these clubs and choices are made according not to taste but the trainer who gives us most hell and sweats the daylights out of us !

I have been doing aerobics since going on a weight loss programme about two years ago; I found myself to be less stressed and better poised with the added fact of my asthma attacks diminishing to a minimum. Now having my daughters wedding one after the other I find myself leaving the chaotic house and running full speed to my blessed place.



The one thing that I have found to be quite unique is that all these young women and not so young like myself share one common factor; that of being pear shaped or should I say being heavy seated. They tend to lose weight a lot from the upper body, due to restriction of food then pigging out; but form waist downwards its another story altogether. Yep ,aha you got it !



Pear shaped is supposedly feminine one might say . Or men usually enjoy sexy ladies more than the skinny ones. But then again, what we have here is different, as always . Libyan women are small to medium frames and when you add a big lower part of body they tend to look shorter still ..One time they put on a song ,which had a good beat to it but the words were something I just couldn’t get out of my mind:"You and me baby are nothing but mammals ,so lets……".by Bloodhound Gang ,the sullen issue is that of the ladies with me know little or no English so they hum it along and make do with what they hear and repeat it! One day I had had enough and told the trainer, of the language used in the song and she was so embarrassed, so now I have the task of choosing the songs which is better at least I don’t get the stupid song in my head going on and on….



When doing my work out, I am faced with all these big a…s jiggling to all kinds of tunes that sometimes drive me nuts. So what do I do? I join forces with younger and healthier ones leaving the big a….s to huff puff their way to their target. I know I sound mean ,but I m not ;just hope I never go back to that huffing and puffing away like a balloon about to explode at any given minute! I was there, and hope I never go back because being with the fatsos gives me a kind of comfort that I dread feeling . For then, I know I will go back to my old eating habits and become a big fat woman again .

4 comments:

  1. Luna Hahahaha funny picture, but the stern qualities dear beautiful woman and say that the form of medical pears in the mirror does not acquire a heart disease because fats are concentrated in the bottom half. I think that exercise is fun and I do so with the idea of a color name in Spanish means moon Are you from Spain?

    geda

    ReplyDelete
  2. cara!
    love the post! and the picture.
    No aerobics for me, just walking. You know what is supposed to be the best exercise per la nostra eta? well swimming! doesn't hurt the knees. This is what my doc keeps telling me and this is what she does!
    keep on jumping without huffing and puffing!:))
    where are you with the weddings?
    un abbraccio!H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the picture :o)

    keep up the good work, I bet you are a lot more healthy than many of these girls.
    Allah bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you enjoyed the funny picture lol Geda !And no Im not fron Spain but am a good old Libyan lol...

    H cara !

    Well ,with swimming which I do weather permitting cause we dont have adequate indoor swimming pools. And to swim I get up very early and go with my brother swimming who is also a fan of the sport.Ive started belly dancing too lol.Bacioni.

    Al
    healthy ? well ,I do my best and leave the rest to Allah to decide . Alhamdulilah.

    Salams to you all.

    ReplyDelete