Monday 13 April 2009

Chit Chat....



Since doing the Lasik I still haven’t been able to get my distance sight in order . I have now become farsighted. All well you may say as I no longer need specs for reading or using the computer.. Halleluiah …….Ah but the doctors said it wont last and to not get discouraged when all comes to an end and the need for glasses to read with will be another trip down memory lane.

Now with this nearsightedness came a very serious option that Id really had no idea of it occurring and thought it to be the norm;but it wasn’t.

I have come to see very minute things which I hadn’t before. Like the other day I was paying my respects to a friend who’d lost her uncle and I simply couldn’t take my eyes of her black spots and pimples with the sudden urge of wanting so desperately to squeeze them for her had she conceited to it ! I just cant stand anyone with blocked noses ,nose hairs sticking out growing like in a jungle of their noses, pimples that are about to blast or black spots needing to be popped open.

My brain keeps ringing; pimple needing opening,cleaned pus and disinfect. Black spots needing squeezing with steam and disinfect nose hairs needing plucking ..pluck pluck pluck……finding myself searching desperately on another focus instead of looking at the person with mentioned faults, which is somewhat rude but what can I do ? My option would be that ,or Id finding myself asking is the nicest way to help them take care of the darn pimple which as staring at me !

I get this feeling; the pimples and other in question want me to handle them. I may sound weird and may even be so, but this tendency has increased after doing Lasik.

I used a magnifying mirror in the past, to put my make-up on and now no longer in need, which is great. Driving also tends to be quite hectic especially at night, so I’ve opted to not drive late in the evenings.

Another experience was that of realizing how many people looked different .I had never quite seen them so vividly clear before and I was using two spectacles ;one for reading and the other for distance. Some had such big teeth that I thought needed extraction or maybe should’ve pulled them all out and used dentures instead ,here I only had the urge to keep smiling and doing my best to not focus on the abnormalities people have.It kind of reminded me of reading old novels about the Britannia Era when,women, were told to think of England during the wedding night !

Think of England ,my dear daughter !as if to her mind at ease. No way, do I see myself telling my daughters on their wedding nights,to think of Libya or the Arab world at that !

My ,oh my, times, have changed …

Before doing Lasik I literally learned where all the pot holes were on my usual daily trips to work and other…..my kids’ brand named cars and colours so that should they encounter me Id recognize them immediately.The other day, while I was driving with my youngest daughter, my big baby, a handsome clean cut young man gave me the widest smile ever while waving to me ,I didn't recognize the car,as it wasn't ours,so I ,naturally smiled back commenting to my daughter that he’s so good looking and young wondering why he waved ,to which she replied : "Mama he’s your son ,my brother !”

That’s how bad my eyesight was .

3 comments:

  1. can you get Lasik in Libya?

    glad it went well, a friend of mine had it and said similar things about how things suddenly became clearer.
    the story about your son was very funny lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you are well... I'm gonna be worried now when I see you... you'll be inspecting my pores and nasal hair.. lolol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Teri,

    I will do my best to not focus or better still we go and get ourselves a good facial at Sheila's what do you say ????

    ReplyDelete