Monday 23 February 2009

Easy they say ......


Last week I had lasic done. All ok and so what you might add.Still My situation was not of the norm as I had a passed eye infection due to the cement blowing into my eyes –and I did a good job of rubbing it in!

My saviours none other than the Saint James Hospital who had a visiting doctor last week and encouraged me to do the lasic.

Now Ive become short and narrow sighted. Why? Having to answer to students querries and truly enjoying the face to face contact I always forgot that I was looking at them with my reading glasses. I remember telling myself that vision wasn’t bad cause I could see all their skin imperfections!

If they had let me Id have squeezed their pimples . Strange? Well I just cant stand a pimple looking at me straight in the eye!

So upon doing the pre-lasic I was found to be a plus and not a minus. Meaning both far and short sighted augh !
What next ? I asked .
Its easy said the surgeon ,you wont feel a thing but the next day you feel very uncomfortable-then you’ll be ok and wont need glasses any longer . Need I say what I replied , Sure I jumped on the idea and was so happy to have it done.

Now the next day was not only uncomfortable ,but more of a day in hell. I have had many operations, kids and other this was different. One doesn’t know the meaning of having sight till something goes wrong. They had given me drops to use whenever I felt pain. Asked them if they had anything stronger to knock me off –they hadn’t sigh.

I just slept all day and had all kinds of dreams or should I say nightmares. Guess this was due to the laser light I had. Gosh even going to the toilet became a journey ! I was soooo cold one minute boiling the next really- drove my girls crazy….

I had to be fed. Just imagine, cause otherwise Id spill everything on to myself . Yes , I became an invalid at the mercy of my kids. Something ,Ms Luna so high and mighty would never want , dream of,let alone accept.

Before I had the darn lasic I had asked that I be back to work after two days and they gave me the look. We’ll see how you feel and then you decide.

Two days passed and the pain lingered. I only sleep upon taking panadol extra which I haven’t taken since God knows when.

Three and four days passed.Still wearing my darkest sunglasses joking about being a movie star when I had just woke up then Ms Luna the pain stricken nauseated lady would show up and all kids and cats would disappear into thin air !

NO tv ,mobile no lights naturally or sunshine . I was living in the dark ages. Bet they’d say they had fun back then ! Something new I started to react to whoever spoke to me by looking upwards kind of like Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles not that I sing or play the piano like them !Now I know why they look up. Hearing became a skillful art or maybe it was a mental thing - I actually heard more by moving my head in the upright left –right direction duh !

Finally my fifth day and the lens that was placed had to be removed. AT LONG LAST.

I had a meeting the very same day at the British Council, needless to say I went with my eyes fiery red and bloodshot. People I encountered actually stared and felt sorry and some even had tears cause they couldn’t look at my eyes thinking they still stung. Told them that the dark eye glasses were a cover up as I was Hollywood star in disguise !

I forgot to mention that all who did lasic with me had encountered no problems and were back at work. They were all minuses and I was plus.Good old plus . Never has something sounding so positive affected one in the most super negative of negatives ever !

2 comments:

  1. hi
    Good to c you up and about ..girls must be happy to have you out and working...:-)
    Leaving them with less shouting and yelling lol....

    jokes apart- you are a good mum.

    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loli.

    May Allah give you patience and strong will to move on-

    Lovely pic of you and your mother .

    Just cherish what you had with your parents my dear. and believe you were blessed to have such wonderful people as parents.

    Kids are joyous of the fact that Im back working ;-)

    Take care

    ReplyDelete