Tuesday 10 February 2009

Kids and cats go hand in hand !




Everyday I come home from work its the same story- I rush to prepare lunch . Not that I need to . I have girls who enjoy doing it with great love, but this feeling of being a mother first eats me and try as I may I cant be served by my own kids !Not now, anyway, maybe Id think about it just before I die and let them have a go lol.Id be on my death bed and anything theyd give me wont be their responsibility-mothering thats what its about.

So , as I was saying ,I go home to a family of5 kids! yep 5 of them . Now for the weekends I have over my 2 adopted kids who are the real angels as they are retarded. Aha 7 in all. They are great fun and my older kids help me out with them. Now if that wasn't enough my kids have adopted 2 cats on short term lease-but I don't believe them . They only told me so ,to get my consent!
I told them they'd have to clean and feed them and if ever,ever, I caught them meowing and not tended to Id give them away to friends who'd be more responsible.I was looked upon as the wicked witch-those of you who havekids know and acknowledge "the rolling of the eyes look
( mothers huh)."

Today I went home and guess what ?? As soon as I got in the doorbell rang and a trashman wanted extra money to take the trash away. ? Could I say no ?Obviously not.So I bargained with him-something whch I hate doing,but must .He'd agree to take it all for LD5 . Now I already pay the what you call it LD10 who never show up unless 2-3 days prior to the payment due date.I had no choice, so I agreed. After he took his money he came back and asked for a can of oil. Im going huh?maybe you'd like lunch as well ..I was being sarcastic and he actually thought I was serious,and answered I still have a few odd jobs but I will be back... huh Who in the name of Allah does he think he is(thinking to myself)as I slammed the door. Today wasnt my day !

I had left the kitchen door open which is the norm,as I was coming into the hallway I heard nothing but a quiet I knew and felt wasnt right. It was too quiet . The small kitten which I have named Masrooba ( skinny one ) and her mate Michoo had eaten my lunch !The kids' lunch was still in the cooking process-so no harm done there.But I always have my lunch at a the same timing, as my sugar drops fast.I screamed ,I think even my neighbours that live way off heard me.The two cats(Siamese) knew I was mad and went for the door,I didnt let them go till I gave them a lesson telling to not touch anyhting in MY kitchen again! The cats actually hid their eyes and ears and ran under the sofa looking at me from a distance....wondering what a crazy woman!
Somehow I got the feeling I as Aunt Jemima from Tom and Jerry yep I scream like her so watch out,dont you ever get Ms Luna mad . I used to be quite patient,I guess getting older does affect our mind and patience hhhmmm............

Then again I look at those blue eyes ( I'm a sucker for blue eyes-human and animals alike )and tell them to come out sweeties mama was mad ,now shes cooled off. Yes I spoil my kids and cats rotten.

We have painted the kitchen and downstairs floor ,as one of my girls will be leaving the nest- please dont ask me when . The marriages have been postponed soooo many times that I no longer recall when it'll take place anymore ,.. mostly due to deaths in the related families(car accidents)sigh ...It sounds as if Mr. Israel(King of Death) is having a good time here in Tripoli-not even lifting a finger as we Libyans are the second in the world with death tolls caused by car accidents.

Thats all for now folks.

2 comments:

  1. "I have over my 2 adopted kids who are the real angels as they are retarded."


    It is better to use The term Mentally Challenged Children. Sorry I find the word retarded offensive and I do know that you did not mean it plus it takes a big heart to adopt special kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Musiclover,

    I thank you for your comment and compliment.

    My newly adopted children have Downs Syndrome (Mongolians).

    I adore kids of all races be they ill or other. Its their innocence that triggers my love for them!
    Salam

    ReplyDelete