Wednesday 11 March 2009

Libyan Bridezillas ; want them ???




Having daughters getting married is something that every mother wishes to attend while still alive.This has been my wish since I became a mother;to have my nest ,set the wings and teach them to fly to later see them actually fly away !

The girls wanting everything in tip top order screaming when not obtainable,and I get to calm this one ,then her sis then well another problem comes up……blah blah blah

I sometimes panic at the thought of remaining all alone, but ce est la vie !
You have no idea what I have been going through lately for the arrangement of the sala ie the reception hall ,the invites, the tasting of the food some of which was a total disaster. And the postponement; every time we’re ready a death occurs and we have to postpone again!SIGH !

Ah yes ,the zimzamat,have had to reserve the zimzamat( some have told me theyre haram-I couldn’t care less because the same bunch of hypoctites supposedly good muslim are just that, universal hypocruites big time. I listen to my heart and my intuition has never failed me.The party has to be blast so all ladies can enjoy themselves.I usually notice the ones who stated of the zemzamat being haram are the first to dance lol…..when I tell them I thought they said they were haran they reply they couldn’t not dance as the music was great !


A folkloric group of ladies that play and sing old songs some of which can be quite dirty slang wise ,though I do admit they brighten up the atomosphere,and all though they disapprove of them ,dance to their songs with such joy .Hypocrites ?? No, the songs will leave anyone wanting to dance due to their words and husky voices( due to smoking ). They were always provided alcohol in the past ,nowadays its cigarettes only hopefully.

Now my daughter the bridezillas ,they are rushing getting everything in tip top shape . When preparing their suitcases and things they have bought for their new homes ,my eyes became watery and I felt it ,yes deep down in my gut. You grow up your kids ,teach them and there comes a time when they will have to go and you’re supposed to be happy, not that I’m not.

They are marrying great guys, MashaAllah and I do wish them the best in life.My son tells me it’s the fear of becoming a granny that may be the reason for my so called state of mind. I answer it isn’t ,just that my job is done and I have to learn to move on. I have created with Allahs help fine dependable young women whom I have sacrificed my life to and I do not in any way shape or form regret doing so.

May Allah bless them for me as I am thankful for being alive and seeing them leave my nest and make one for themselves..Alhamdulilah.

What more can I ask???

5 comments:

  1. salam Luna

    I laughed at Bridezillas, there is a program called just that shown on one of the satellite channels and some of these women are scary :o)

    first I hope you are well and I am so happy for you and your family, it is time to enjoy the marriege of your special girls and I hope inshaAllah al goes well and according to plan.

    as for the zemzamat, go luna go :o)
    I am glad you are ignoring these ignorant people that will soon tell us its Haram to breath air!!
    enjoy the zemzamat even though they can be very scary lol

    best wishes to the daughters, wish them happiness good health and beautiful healthy children inshaAllah and wish you the best of health and long life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L.carissima!!!
    happy to see that you're around and busy and fully recovered from your lasik...
    Alf Mabrouk for the bridezillas :))) I wish them all the happiness.
    Guess you're a real "oum el 3araiss" "fadia we mashghoula" at the same time.
    And go, go for the "mezmazaat"! I'm surprised to hear they're "7aram" one of my "very religious/bigot" relatives, dances till she drops when they are around! but she leaves any wedding/sbou3 when there's a D.J. Where is the logic?
    and oh I surely remember the days when they were served "johnny walker" with the 3ala? how many years ago was that:))))
    un abbraccio forte H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al,
    So good of you to comment.
    My home is a nuthouse lol.I thank you for your wishes and I wish you the same for your children.You might say your kids are still young,but time flies so fast.

    It was if it were yesterday that they were in diapers and I was helping them in doing their homework.

    You cant imagine how happy I am to being alive and seeing them married off to such wonderful young men who love and respect them -Alhamdulilah,this is the wish of every mother,and Allah has responded to mine.
    PS the zenzamat are on lol....

    H cara,
    Yes Im fully recovered Alhamdulilah.Thanks for the mabrouks!Oum el 3araiss I am and enjoying every bit including the wonderful headaches lol

    The zenzamat are a necessity in our weddings as no one will MOVE their behind to dance lol.Gosh Im becoming too loud !Of course I remember when they were served JW lol who can forget ?
    Big hug and InshaAllah Al3oughba Andeck Ya Robbi !

    MusicLover ,
    I thank you for the link and will tell the girls to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    Congratulations and good luck for the girls..
    I'm not married yet ,But i may leave home soon!!!!
    Mother started to cry already..
    She knows i have to go ,but ,God ,Her tears break my heart...
    Bless you all mothers for being such a great creations.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. the "I" that's me31 March 2009 at 01:38

    mashallah :) your girls are really lucky to have you :)
    my sister is getting married in may & she is doing all the preparations her self, since my mom passed away 2 years ago, we really need her so much, no one can take the place of her.
    my sister is becoming a bridezilla too but i feel what she's going through, it isn't easy!!
    we are also going through all the tasting & preparations so i feel what your going through :)
    the most important thing that i try to keep reminding my self & my sister is to enjoy the day, don't let the stress take away the fun of that day :)

    ReplyDelete