Thursday 19 March 2009

Happy Libyan Mothers' and Childrens' Day !





To all Libyan Children and Mothers



In Libya the 20th and 21st March Mothers' and Childrens' Day are celebrated at the same time !

In the past I visited many hospitalized children some with HIV others with Cancer. To my knowledge these children are taken care of during these days and I got slapped in the face by many who thought and said I had done it for mere publicity -none of which is true.



I now visit the orphanage and many hospitals at least once a month when I dont have a health issue and can have someone replace me at work.The children are so happy to see me when I visit I have tried in vain to take pics of them but its not permitted.I have also adopted two children from the orphanage with Down Syndrome .The important thing is that they feel that someone cares for them.......



Lolitta Ali ,a good friend of mine and a recent blogger, who writes beautiful poetry ,encouraged me to write a poem for my mother,who is also a relative of hers. I dont think my daughters will follow suite ,or just maybe they will lol we will have to see on Saturday what they come up with ; my bridezillas lol!







My Mama :





My mother is someone who loves me

Who cares for me in every way

She sits down and listens

To what I have to say



She always thinks I'm beautiful

Never puts me down

She always has a smile

To wipe away my frown



My mother is someone who believes in me

Always pushes me to go high

Tells me to believe in myself

No matter what I say



My mother is like an angel

Although without the wings

She tells me to enjoy

Life's most smallest things



I really love my mother

She means so much to me

Mama I really love you

And that's how it always will be.

6 comments:

  1. Luna,
    That was beautiful and thank you for sharing it with us. Being a mother is not a profession it is a life changing experience and you dont really realise it until you become a mother yourself.
    Thank you for reminding me about this beautiful day, the date has completely slipped my mind and I have to make amends .
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam
    “The love between a mother and her daughter is special. A mother takes her daughter under her wing and teaches her how to be a woman”. In order to do this, you have to ask yourself what it means to be a woman of today. How do you balance care for others with your own quest for meaning and joy in life and how do you pass on these lessons to your daughter? Most relationship is not perfect all the time, just like the one my mother and I shared. I actually live with her in the same house. But we have our differences and we don’t seem to communicate like mother and daughter. I grew up knowing that she is my birth mother. Her specific relationship to me is that I am her first and older daughter she brought me to this earth when and her teaching me all the basic knowledge, culture and the basic skills such as cooking and how to become a strong woman and achieve goals and dreams that she had never achieved in her life.
    so, for you people out here, take time to appreciate your mother whether and think about what is so special about her and act…. and remember be glad that you have or once had a superwoman which you call “MOMMY”-”MOM”-”MOTHER” or what so ever you like to call her.
    10x

    ReplyDelete
  3. L. Cara!
    Thank you for reminding us. I really forgot about it...guess it's bcz here it's celebrated on a different date.
    So to you , to your mom, to all the Libyan mothers(including myself:)) Happy Mother's Day!! H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy mother's and children's day to all, we celebrate mother's day here in the UK tomorrow Sunday.

    May you inshaAllah continue to visit the sick children for many many years to come.

    beautiful peom and very fitting to all mums, salam to your mother :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simsin

    Thanks for the compliment my dear.
    A beautiful day it was and I took my mother out to lunch,which is no easy task......went home and in the evening ,the girls took me out for pizza and gelatti !

    Nu Na
    You said such wise words my dear may Allah /God bless our mothers for putting up with us!

    H cara !
    To you and your mother as well a belated wish sorry _ bridezillas still in action lol
    a presto

    Al
    salam to your mother and to your wife -a belated wish ,sorry !

    Libyan Violet
    you too sis !

    may Allah/God bless you all

    ReplyDelete