Thursday 18 June 2009

My secret admirer and rantings!




Every week my desk has been topped with a fresh bunch of beautifully colored roses. I haven't been myself lately with the girls' leaving and adjusting to a new system and all.The house which was quite an active one has become so quiet .And I have always asked for peace and quiet but somehow it's not the same ,now that they have gone.

But the subject of the matter is that I am exhausted though happy at the same time. What a weird feeling.. There came a point to which Id pass out and thought Id not make it through both weddings!

So the person who places the flowers feels this and knows of what I'm going through. I love flowers and receiving them is an added bonus!

Working as a teacher in my secret wonderful world where I can at most comfort gives me the energy and motivation I need hence I pass it on to my trainees. But these last few weeks wasn't enough and my admirer sensed that and thought of cheering me up a bit knowing Ive been through a lot besides the girls' weddings.

Have you guessed who my admirer is ?

Yes ,none other than my mother though not well still makes sure I'm happy no matter what and delegates to all,in her bossy way which has come to be the norm.

Love you Mama and I'm sorry for not being patient enough at times.....

3 comments:

  1. where is the turtle? lol

    Allah bless your mum, only mothers know how to make their children happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Luna,

    Nothing better than a mother, wallahi.

    Glad to know you are surviving, alhamdullilah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candid,frank and open writing style of yours! Empty Nesters Syndrome is dilemma all of us baby boomers face. It's hard but a bare fact. I myself think of the life I will have once the youngest drifts away on his journey of life. They will have families of their own and similar set of issues bringing up their kids.
    I would plan on doing anything and everything I once wished I could do. For this is the cycle of life!

    ReplyDelete