Monday 11 May 2009

Rantings....


I have been so tired lately . My health is not as before but I must push forward . I always count my blessing for the family and trustful friends I have for without them I don't know where Id be today.

Really am happy to have a married daughter and two still to go.When I see them packing and with such excitement a feeling of hurt gets me,and put on a good show of hiding it . As if they couldn't wait to leave. I did my best as a mother and sacrificed a lot for them;but this guilt feeling wont let me be.

Friends of mine say its the norm. I don't know.I am happy and sad at the same time;for a part of my life is over and I'm pushed aside due to the nest opening up . Not that Im whining . I just have to get used to another way of living.

Life is short and we never know when our time will be up ;so we must make the best of it and live each day as if it were our last.I no longer shed tears or get mad as I used to ,for have come to terms with that everything happens for a reason.We are here for a purpose and must make the best of it.

I suddenly remembered a friend of mine who was in love with blues and when dying he had asked his family to play the blues for him while they lowered the coffin into the ground at the cemetery.At the the time I was quite young and thought it a strange request now I have come to believe it a great idea leaving the world with music .

Haram Id been told I was an infidel. I don't have to prove my religion to anyone . It is solely mine and personal. I was attacked (by way of mouth) in having the zimzamat at my daughter's wedding,who were a blast, as they smoked and I was being nice to them. I couldn't care less. If I was nice to them its my doing .And why shouldn't I ?And what If they smoked? So what?

The hypocrisy of the fact is that the same women who made a big deal about the zimzamats smoking, smoke themselves!This I know for a fact.They objected to them smoking in public. What the heck ?
What is the difference ? At the end of the day its women who smoke which I personally don't agree with nevertheless don't hold it against them.

Smoking like any other habit is a personal choice and should be left at that .What things they do in their personal lives is no concern of mine. Many of these women have become zimzamats not due to choice but mostly due to not having a supportive family,school drop outs, born out of wedlock,single mothers etc. Some have lovers others are married and they have kids and families .Their husbands if married are drunks or drug users. They are very similar to gypsies ,yet they wear hejab have their own taxi driver who they share their income with ( a modern Islamic version of a clean cut pimp ). I am not being sarcastic but simply stating the matter of fact as all know it to be but wont write about it nor accept it.

At the end of the day they enjoy playing the darbuka and singing. Its their sole income.When you look at them you tend to feel so sorry for them that they have had a very hectic and harsh life ;living in a vicious circle that is nearly impossible to get out of.

6 comments:

  1. Allah bless you Luna for your daughters will continue to need you for a long time to come inshaAllah, Rabi Ya3teek else7a.

    double standards is normal these days, just wait for these people's happy occasions, you will probably see the zimzamat there!

    I am sure you gave your daughter and the people you invited a day to remember and inshaAllah you do the same with the other daughters :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. لسيدة لونا المحترمة
    ربما التعليق القادم سيكون لإقامة الحد عليك من الحاج
    PH
    الدكتاتورية الليبية تلاحق المدونين الليبين حتى في صفحاتهم الخاصة وبدون أدب وأخلاق، لا إحترام للنسأ وكبار السن
    هم يكفرون من يشأوا والله أعلم بما يفعلون في حياتهم الخاصة
    صحيح الي إختشوا ماتوا
    إنسان عديم الأخلاق ولايعرف عن الإسلام شيء


    مبروك عليكم مادرتوا وفي أمان الله

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al ,
    Always lovely of you to comment my dear friend.
    Double standards ? Hypocrisy at its best is more like it!

    May you live to see Aida and Amir happily married with their children InshaAllah.Thanks for the compliment :-)

    PH,
    WOW !
    Temper , temper !You could be nicer PH. I know you can.

    "( a modern Islamic version of a clean cut pimp )"So whats the old Islamic version of it ?

    I meant in the old Islamic way of life, behaviour of the sort was never mentioned though observed.Nowadays its in the open. You get ?
    I am nobody to define Islam and its not the case.I was simply referring to what I experienced. I didn't judge the zimzamat,in fact I feel sorry for them and dance and sing with them when they play. I only stated the hypocrisy of individuals who pretend being so called Sunni(Motadeyeneen) Muslims without taking note of their behavior!

    Nothing more nothing less.

    I judge nobody never did;not even your harsh comment,because I believe in free speech. I could've deleted your comment yet enjoyed hearing your say.

    Anonymous
    Haj Ph ? Good one lol!
    Thanks for stopping by and Barack Allah feeck. Jazack Allah Kheir.

    May Allah bless you all

    Salams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Luna, interesting post. I'd like to point out though that the 'zimzamat' i.e, female singers at weddings are not common throughout Libya. In fact they're non-existant. However in Tripoli they have been a tradition for a long time and they're still popular. Personally, I don't see why. They sing vulgar songs, make lewd remarks and are supposed to be tolerated because they are needed! Rubbish. Our family weddings -whether in Tripoli or outside of it- have never hired zamzamat. We make our own noise and have lots of fun. I also agree with PH from the religious point of view, but I also respect your views. However don't you agree that this is also hypocrisy: condoning the abhorrent behaviour of the singers (zamzamat) because they are in the situations that you described? That it's o.k for them to be 'bad' because they're 'already bad'? The way I see it, if someone is doing something that I wouldn't want my children to do, as adults, then these people's behaviour is absolutely unacceptable to me, and i'd never have them in my house as coddled guests. I wouldn't mind helping them through any social agency if they needed it as members of society, but I know many women who have been in very helpless situations but have managed to work their way through to self-respecting places in life.
    Salam, Umm Salwan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a very brave post to write and of course you were attacked. I think it is good to think and explore. It is good to form your own decisions on how you want to live.

    You find double standards all everywhere you go. At least you have the guts to think what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PH......( GET A LIFE YOU BONE HEAD)

    ReplyDelete