Wednesday 29 July 2009

lying ? well, weather permitting.....


Even the ones who state they have never lied,do so unknowingly.

WHY ? You might ask,to which the answer is as simple and straightforward as the question . And what has the weather to do with lying you may think?

I will leave you to think for a moment .....

I can actually hear you thinking Luna has gone overboard this time shes over done it.She's a cracker .To which I'd reply a cracker I'd eat but have chosen to not become one as it would be too crowded with the many weirdoes I encounter on a daily basis through the net and first hand!

What does lying have in common with the weather?

Ok ,so we do blame the weather on everything ,do we not ? This time its with a twist, that of lying about the weather -now youre going ,huh ?

I bet you still can't get it !

Here goes:

When we are enjoying our seasons,to which you are lucky if you still have them,as in Libya we tend to have them nearly all in a day most times, actually leaving us to say that we have two seasons ie winter and spring.

When winter sets in and we have to face the cold weather we promise that we'd never complain about the great summer and its heat even though we feel like we'd be roasting in an on going ,never ending oven !

To which some of our complaints would be ;"Give me summer anyday ; let the heat kill me .""Ah but not the cold. How many clothes are needed to keep us warm ?"

Yes,in summer we dont need such an abbundance of clothes,true,.For we can chose to be as light as our social status alows us ie bare little or all,or dont bare ,last one is for the conservatives !

Come summer brining the Ghibli(hot ,sandy ,wind) continues to blow dry us till our saliva is no more,making us litterally living under showers ,in bathtubs or for the ones who can afford it, swimming pools.

Cool you might think -then boredrom sets in and we wish we were in winter with a never ending blizzard leaving us freezing ,so what ,hence convincing ourselves we'd just cover up very well ,anything but the heat...


So ,is this not lying ,or have we gotten into thinking that lying is another matter. The subject is that we can call them , white lies or sweet lies but they are LIES at the end of the day ,because when promises are made ,they are to be kept otherwise lying takes place which can become a hard habbit to break,even if it started out with the weather!


Salam

4 comments:

  1. well this really applies to the UK more I think.
    we all complain about the weather here! yet when we get a hot day (once in a blue moon!) people actually complain about how hot it is!.

    this year again we are having a dreadful wet summer, last year we had about 5 days of hot summer days then rain non-stop, this year we had a 2 weeks dry hot spell in June, it has been raining non stop since begining of July and the forcast for August.... more rain!
    I suppose this means many people will be telling lies lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally hate the summer in Libya. I feel so much happier in winter. I love rain and unfortunately in Libya we just don't seem to get enough to suit me.

    But what does lying have to do with the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with AL, and even the met office made a big lie by predicting that this summer would be a BBQ summer in UK, and it had to concede and admit that they told a big lie.
    I myself prefer the warm bright days of the summer, instead of gloomy freezing dark winter, am I telling a lie here? I hope I am not. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where I live, it's hot all year around. Hence, I have be pretty honest ;-)

    ReplyDelete